422 Sportsplex Indoor Lacrosse Rules
Play of Game
- # 10 v 10 ( Nine and a goalie)
- 4 players in the defensive zone at all times
- 4 long poles allowed
- 6’x 6’ goals
- Regulation 9’ radius crease
- Ten seconds to clear the defensive zone
- Midline becomes backcourt once the ball is cleared
- No backcourt violation on a shot or defensive deflection
- Score and standings will be kept
- There will be no 3 pass rule
Minimum of 12 players, maximum of 20
Upon a lead of 5 goals, the leading team is required to:
- drop the ride back to the midline.
- make one pass in or into the offensive zone. Once this pass is made no additional passes are required unless the ball passes back over the midline.
The game clock starts at the scheduled time. Teams must be ready to play on time. The game clock starts at the scheduled time. Teams must be ready to play on time.
Late starts will still finish on time.
2-20 minute running time halves.
2-minute halftime to change sides.
One 1 min. timeout per game.
After a goal, Whistle will start play after the goalie has the ball in stick (middle school only). JV and Varsity will face-off after goals. The goalie may delay (5-8 count) picking up the ball to allow for substitution.
LIMITED BODY CHECKING, DO NOT KNOCK PLAYERS DOWN.
BOARDING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THERE WILL BE A 3-FOOT ZONE AROUND RINK, NO FORCING PLAYERS INTO THE BOARDS WITHIN THIS ZONE
1 -, 2-, or 3-minute penalties for boarding, illegal body checks, slashing, and unsportsmanlike conduct. All penalty time served in full. Penalty time begins when the player is in the box and will be kept on the scoreboard. No 10-second count for a man down team-backcourt rule still applies.
4 personals equal removal from the game and a 2 game suspension. 2 two-game suspension equals season suspension.
If a player fights or is belligerent in any way, he/she will be expelled from the league. Lacrosse Leagues permanently without exception and without refund.
If games are canceled due to weather-related cancellations, Sportsplex will not make those games up. There are no refunds or credits.
Please read the SMG waiver of liability.
Please contact the 422 Sportsplex at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-323-9600