422 Sportsplex 7 on 7 Youth Flag Football Rules and Regulations
- Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owner(s), league operators, officers and owners and staff of The 422 Sportsplex assume no liability for any injuries or accidents, which may occur. Please refer to your Liability and Injury Waiver Release Forms.
- Conduct within the facility and on the field should be conducted in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- No food, drinks, chewing tobacco, chewing gum, metal cleats permitted on playing surface. No sunflower seeds or similar type products are permitted in the facility.
- No glass containers on the field or in the player boxes.
- The 422 Sportsplex reserves the right to refuse play or service to anyone
- Rubber molded cleats or turf shoes are allowed. No metal cleats allowed.
- Teams must be dressed in matching colored jerseysThe first team listed, the home team, is required to switch jerseys in the event that two teams have the same colors.
- Each player on the field must wear a belt set of Flags. (Available at the 422 Sportsplex). Players and teams are responsible for providing their own flags.
- Players of opposing teams must wear contrasting colored jerseys. No article of clothing may cover any portion of a player’s flag (Excludes belts).
- The use of shoulder pads, body pads, or shoes with metal tipped cleats (regardless of material) is prohibited. Players are allowed to wear flag football headgear. Additionally, any unyielding or dangerous equipment is prohibited. Players may use an ace bandage. Knee braces will be covered by a soft yielding material not to exceed 3/8″ thickness. No loose jewelry of any kind will be worn.
Individuals are expected to play under control and within the rules of the game, and to the best of their ability will avoid causing injury to themselves and other persons using the facility.
Referees appointed to officiate each game have complete authority on the field of play, and their decisions on points of fact connected with the game are final. Judgment calls cannot be questioned, only enforcement of the rules. Officiating will be monitored and assessed periodically and management will always try to provide quality officiating at the facility. Constructive comments regarding officiating are welcome and encouraged. Please submit any such comments in writing. Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing, contain points of fact, and have your name and the name of your team at the top. Do not discuss officiating or the officials with the facility staff during or immediately after your game.
The 422 Sportsplex has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY toward fighting. Anyone fighting will be ejected and they will be terminated from playing the rest of the session. Furthermore, the situation will be reviewed by the league commissioner to determine whether the player will be banned from the facility for more than one session. The 422 Sportsplex reserves the right to ban permanently any player involved in a fight. It is the responsibility of the player to apply for reinstatement to the facility if he or she is involved in a fight. At this time the player will receive the terms and conditions of the commissioner’s disciplinary action. Any player that does not apply for reinstatement will not be allowed back into the facility. Application for reinstatement may be subject to a fine, as determined by the league commissioner.
A player or coach sent off in (or after) a game by a referee will automatically be suspended from the next game in the session. In addition, a player will be banned from playing on any other team until the suspension has been served. If a player is ejected in the last game of a session (he/she) will be prohibited from playing in the first game after he/she registers for another session.
- Any of the following offenses will result in disciplinary action as outlined above:
- A player or coach using foul and abusive language.
- Persistent infraction of the rules after receiving a caution by the referee.
- A player or coach involved in violent conduct; (including, but not limited to: spitting, threatening, continued rough play, etc.) will be suspended as outlined above and, in addition, will be suspended for one additional game and subject to further disciplinary action as decided by the facility management.
- Assaulting an official will result in automatic suspension from any further activities at the The 422 Sportsplex. The Police will be notified of any such incident.
- Should a coach of a team be unable to control a player’s actions after he or she has been penalized or thrown out of a game the coach will also be suspended as outlined above.
- A player jumping from the player box onto the field to break up or participate in a fight will automatically be ejected from the game and will be subject to the same penalties as outlined above.
FLAG FOOTBALL RULE BOOK
- 2 Twenty minute halves, running clock
- 2 minute half time – Team not starting with ball in first half, gets ball to start second half
- Each team has 2 time outs per game of 30 seconds each (time out resets play clock)
- 20 second play clock
- 15 second P.A.T. play clock
- Team must have a minimum of 6 rostered players at the start of the game. Less than four constitutes a forfeit regardless of any game continuing.
- Clock stops at 1 minute if the score is within 12 points at each incomplete pass, penalties, and change of possession in the second half.
- At 5 minutes left in the game, if the point spread is 24pts or more, no more time-outs from either team will be permitted
- Team has 4 plays to cross mid field for first down and then 4 plays to score
- On fourth down offense has 2 options:
- Go for first down (if in their defensive zone). If offense doesn’t make a first down whether through incomplete or inadequate yardage, defense takes over where the ball carrier is down or the original line of scrimmage if incomplete.
- Offense can opt to punt and the ball will be spotted at opposite 3-yard line with opposing team taking possession there.
- If the ball is intercepted, offense is spotted at end of return and offense is started.
- Ball is dead on contact with net or wall.
- Play is dead when ball carrier’s knees make contact with the ground.
- Coin toss determines who begins with ball at beginning of game, other team starts second half.
Line of Scrimmage: The offensive team must have a minimum of three players set on the line of scrimmage at the snap. One of the three down lineman may receive a pass. One additional player may be in motion, but they do not count as a player on the line.
Defense must have two down linemen who line up inside the outside shoulders of the offensive linemen.
- 6 points for a Touchdown
- 2 points for safety
- 2 points for conversion after touchdown, ball is spotted on 10 yard line.
- 1 point for conversion after touchdown, ball is spotted on 5 yard line.
- Player is tackled when one flag is pulled. Exception: In order to achieve a first down or touchdown, the ball carrier’s flags and the ball must cross the plane of the first down line or the goal line.
- There is NO hand blocking or pushing down field. Players may set a stationary pick.
- After pulling a flag, defender must raise the flag above his head.
- Defender must hand flag back to ball carrier.
- If flag falls out before player has possession of ball they will be down with one hand touch
- If flag falls out after player has possession of ball they are down at spot of flag, unless in the opinion of the referee the player is in the clear of all players.
- Receivers may hand check off the line within the first five yards, but only with the player they line up against.
- Interceptions may be returned.
- A defensive player shall not hold, grasp or obstruct the forward progress of the runner when attempting to remove the flag. Defender will avoid contact of the player when attempting to pull flag. Defenders should be reaching from the side or behind the ball carrier to grab the flag. Charging at or jumping in front of the ball carrier is prohibited. Intentionally grabbing the ball carrier’s clothing will result in a penalty added onto the end of the play.
- Any player pursuing a running or throwing quarterback may only pull flags. No contact, incidental or otherwise is allowed. Defense may only leave their feet to block a pass, but if they make contact with the quarterback before, during or after the ball is released, (whether ball is tipped or not) it will result in a major penalty.
- Offsides- 5 yards or half the distance replay down
- Offensive pass interference- 10 yards from original spot or half the distance replay down
- Defensive Pass interference – Ball moves to spot of foul automatic first down
- Delay of game – 5 yards or half the distance
- Unnecessary roughness –
- Defense: 15 yards automatic first down o Offense: 15 yards loss of down
- Offset penalties – replay down
- Flag guarding
- Offense: 5 yards from spot of the foul and the play will be whistled dead.
- Defense after interception: 5 yards from spot of foul begin offense
- Acts of tackling, cheap shots, elbowing or an unsportsmanlike act will not be tolerated. Player may be ejected from the game and may result in unsportsmanlike penalty.
- Obstruction of a player’s forward progress is a 10 yd. penalty from the spot of the foul. Automatic first down.
- Any player instigating or encouraging a fight, taunting or throwing a punch will be immediately removed from the game.
- Trash talking is illegal and may result in unsportsmanlike penalty. Any one verbally abusing a player, spectator, referee or employee of the 422 Sportsplex will be immediately removed from the game.
- Personal fouls/unsportsmanlike penalties will result in an automatic first down and 15 yards from the end of the play. Player assessed the foul will be removed from the game for the remainder of the half, or longer.
- All teams must have matching color shirts. Pinnies will be provided for a player without matching colors.
- Ball will be provided by each team, each team uses their ball for one half.
- If games are cancelled due to weather related cancellations, Sportsplex will not make those games up. There are no refunds or credits.
Teams will receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. League champion will be determined by playoffs. Any seeding tie breakers shall be determined in the following order:
- The winner of any head to head league play (if tied teams played common opponents an equal amount of times)
- Point Differential (Points For – Points Against)
Please contact the 422 Sportsplex at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-323-9600